1. Youíve probably been ignoring this feature.
Most aluminum foil boxes have press-in tabs that secure the roll in place, so
you donít have worry about it flying out every time you rip off a sheet.
2. Youíve been dispensing Tic Tacs the hard way.
You know how when you violently shake a container of Tic Tacs into your palm it
seems as though you always end up with zero or seven? Avoid that altogether by
letting a mint gently glide into the tiny lid's crevice.
3. Forget to pack a spoon with that applesauce? No problem.
Ever find yourself with an individual cup of applesauce or yogurt and no spoon?
Instead of slurping and probably getting half of your snack on your shirt, turn
the foil lid into a makeshift spoon.
Obviously, donít try this if youíve got a mouth full of metal fillings.
4. Youíve been storing peanut butter the wrong way.
Never arm wrestle with a jar of peanut butter, just to make sure itís not oily
on top and crumby on the bottom, again. Store it upside down, so the oils
5. You havenít been using ketchup cups to their full potential.
Instead of grabbing multiple cups of ketchup, simply pull apart at the edges for
twice the space.
6. Youíre probably using the wrong plunger.
This is easily the most recognizable plunger. Chances are you have one lying
around the house. BUT, did you know itís only meant to be used on clogged sinks?
To unclog a toilet, you need a flange plunger,
which doesnít have a flat bottom.
7. Chinese takeout containers are actually made to fold out into plates.
The containers actually are meant to unfold into a makeshift plate, which you
can easily reassemble into a box for storing leftovers.
8. Youíre brushing with too much toothpaste.
You only need to use a pea-sized amount of toothpaste for effective cleaning.
Most ads feature globs of toothpaste the size of the brush because a.) it looks
nice and b.) it makes you use up more toothpaste.
9. Greek yogurt containers are meant to be folded in half.
Chances are youíve been scooping the toppings with your spoon onto the yogurt.
But, have you realized, the topping holder folds over, so you can pour the
toppings DIRECTLY ON TOP?
10. Youíve probably been placing toilet seat covers in the wrong direction.
The flap is meant to be placed toward the front. This prevents the agony of
sitting down on a toilet seat, only to realize youíve dragged the cover down
into the bowl.
11. Soda tabs double as straw holders.
Turn the tab around so that it acts as holder that can stop the straw from
raising out of the can as the soda fizzes.
12. Thereís a foolproof way to keep your extension cords from coming undone.
Plug the cords into a loop to avoid disconnection.
13. Pipe cleaners can be used to clean... ACTUAL PIPES.
OK, sure, you can use them to make mess free crafts with your kids, but did you
know you can also use themÖÖfor this.
14. Youíve been serving juice boxes the wrong way.
Pull the sides out so you child has something to grasp onto, stopping them from
15. Never break off more chocolate than you can chew again.
To easily break off a single piece of Toblerone, pull toward the bar, not
away from it.
16. You probably donít realize it, but your pots come with built-in spoon rests.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own
understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your
paths straight. Proverbs 3:5 and 6
it hot by striking.
William B. Sprague